We are happy to announce that we offer curbside pick-up for library materials.
Schedule an appointment to pick up books, DVDs, and books on CD that you have placed holds on through our library catalog. Give us 24 hours and we will gather them up and bring them to you in your car on your scheduled day and time.
HOW IT WORKS
- Place holds on your desired materials through the library catalog. Holds may also be placed by calling 801-852-6661. In both cases you will need your library card number and PIN; if you need help accessing your library account, please call.
- Give us at least 24 hours to gather and prepare your requests. Some items may not be available immediately but we will do our best to get you as many of the items you've requested as possible.
- Call the Reference Desk at 801-852-6661 to schedule a pick-up time. Pick-up appointments may be scheduled from 9:00 am - 7:00 pm, Monday - Friday and Saturday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm. At this point, a librarian will inform you how many of your requested items are available to be picked up.
- Come to the North side of the Underground Parking Lot (enter from 100 East) at your scheduled pick-up time and park in a numbered stall. Call 801-852-6679 when you arrive. A library employee will ask for your library card number and will bring your materials to you. Click here for a map of our Underground Parking Lot.
- Enjoy your library materials!
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Q: When can I pick up items?
A: Curbside pick-up is available Monday - Saturday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm. You must call to schedule a pick-up time, as we need time to make sure we've collected and checked out all your items.
Q: Which library materials can I get through curbside pick-up?
A: Traditional library materials are available for curbside pick-up. This includes books, CDs, movies, audiobooks on CD, and book club sets. Discovery Kits, board games, telescopes, Chromebooks, and Basement Creative Lab equipment are not available through curbside; however, these items (with the exception of Basement Creative Lab equipment) will be available to be checked out from the Circulation and Reference desks during the hours the library is open.
Q: Can I return specialty items through curbside?
A: We are encouraging you to return these items inside at the Circulation Desk. Speciality items, like Discovery Kits, board games, telescopes, Chromebooks, and Basement Creative Lab equipment cannot be returned in the book drops.
Q: Can I request items and pick them up on the same day?
A: It takes time to collect requested items and prepare them for pick-up, so we require 24 hours between requests and pick-up time.
Q: I am used to being able to browse the shelves to find something that looks good. Browsing the catalog is not working for me. Can the librarians help me find something I'd like to read without me being able to come into the building?
A: Our librarians would love to help you find something to read! Fill out this simple form, give us a few days, and we'll put some items on hold for you that we think you will like. When you are notified that your holds are ready for you, you can schedule a curbside pick-up to come get them.
Q: I requested 20 items, but when I called to schedule a pick-up, only 5 were available. Why? When can I get my other items?
A: We will try our best to have all of your items ready within 24 hours. If all of your items are not yet available, it’s because we are still working on locating and getting them ready for pick-up. You can wait a little longer to schedule your pick-up or call back to schedule a second pick up when additional items are ready.
Q: If I’m sick, can I still pick up items via curbside pick-up?
A: For the safety of staff and patrons, please do not schedule a curbside pick-up if anyone in your household is ill.
Q: Can I return the materials I've had checked out?
A: At your convenience, please bring your library materials back to the library and return them to our outdoor book drops in the North Parking Lot and in our Underground Parking Lot. Items are checked in 4 days after they are returned to allow for a quarantine. Fines will be adjusted at check in.
Q: How long will this service be available?
A: We will continue to offer curbside in addition to the library building being open once again!